Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Phoenix/Sky Meets Sea

Phoenix

Lost my friends to the Phoenix skyline
Hearts were beating to the pace of broken cars in the desert sun
I couldn't tell if these were real tears
Or just sweat in my eyes
Nothing grows in the dirt
No breeze to ease the misery that this city gives like a government hand out
No shade from the lies

You say you've changed
But you just forgot who you are
And what matters most
You left what you loved
Like friendship could melt in the summer's grip

You left yourself behind
While I spilled blood over a coffee shop goodbye
So I will see one more polluted sunset and wave
As the Phoenix skyline turns into a cemetery of lights



Sky meets Sea

Son, this is your chance
I've left it all on the line
Took chances that others would be too scared to take
Your eyes show different shades of color and love
Ones I could never see before

I was a lonely and grey sky
But you were the sea
Whose waves carried the clouds away
My son, is shining bright

Your name is built on self reliance
So stand tall for us all to see
This world is beautiful
For you made it this way
And if you could say
"Let every cloud be pushed away.
Sincerely, the Sea."

I'd never find...
Another truth like yours.




True stories.

1 comment:

  1. Sky meets Sea is amazing! I was sitting here listening to my son sleeping peacefully and I almost cried! Amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete